5/23/10

In Her Eyes

In her eyes I'm a leader
I'm fearless and strong
I'll stand by through anything
And I can't do wrong.

The beautiful innocence
In which she sees me
Is something to strive for
To aspire to be.

I know it's not possible
To rise all the way
To as high as she sees me
Try as I may

But holding her hand
I'm given a home
A haven for refuge
I'm never alone.

She ceases to realize
Where she stands from my view
Her abundance of gifts
That always shines through

In my eyes she is beautiful
She's innocent but strong
She'll get me through anything
And keep me from wrong.

This one was inspired by a weekend I spent with my little cousin. It was a great experience to spend so much time with her, we had a lot of fun. I also was able to draw a poem out of it, so anything I'm able to do that with, I consider a success, especially when it involves having as much fun with loved ones like I did.