5/23/10

Forever Will Be

A hand out the window
A dream of the day
A better tomorrow
The freedom at bay.

A heart in the mist
A hazy ideal
But forever so longing
For what you can't feel.

Your sight is a refuge
From what right now stands
A beacon to guide
Pining hearts, souls and hands.

In the end we will capture
The treasure we chase
The so longed for freedom
From the tumiol we face

On that final day
We'll stand strong and free
The life that we fought for
And forever will be.

Yep, I'm back! Back to writing about FREEDOM!!!! (And other cool stuff like that.) My short story that inspires a lot of my poems took a turn for the free, victorious, better. I was listening to a great song called "Sound the Bugle" and it put freedom on my brain too. So yeah, short story and song inspired this. Surprise, surprise.