5/20/10

Eyes, Hands, and Hearts

In a flash of starry eyes
A held hand,
A close bond,
Descends something greater.

A challenge of mind,
A challenge of strength,
A challenge of heart.

Stars in their eyes turn to fire,
An intelligent passion,
A cunning drive,
Thinking as one.

Two hands are held tighter,
In fear of loss,
But in joining of strength,
Empowered together.

And the bond grows closer,
With the force deep within,
And knowing triumph is near,
They stand together.

Two stand up
To the fury before them
Eye to eye
Hand in hand
Hearts as one.

Yeah, I admit it, this one is a little gushy for my style, but it isn't just about love, so you gotta give me some credit. I actually had inspiration for this one, so there's actually an excuse this time. Ha!
But seriously, I accredit a short story I was writing for throwing some romance in there and putting it on my mind. It has a war in it too, and that's really the main focus, but this little section of it was more focused on...
Um...
That part.
Hey, poets gotta branch out sometime, I suppose. But I'm not losing my other values in there either. This will be the gushiest it will get.