1/19/11

Flowers

Looking at the world
All I see is fear.
It stares me in the eyes
And in it I see the darkness reflected.
It commands me
Submit, submit
I must tear away
I must fight its shouts
I mustn't cower under what it urges
You see something else
You aren't scared
To me it's a flash of light
To me it's alien color
It sends my legs from under
Carrying me away
Carrying me down
Fear hisses in the wind
Paralyzing, its chill
But what of it traded
For a caress on my face
The sweet taste in my mouth
The freedom flying?
I am not a coward
My world is invisible through your eyes
I will fight to rise up
Love will make the fear worthy
It spells out the difference
It sets us courageous

Hey, you didn't miss me, did you? FOUR MONTHS! Four months without a new post. Phew, the whole poem industry has made itself obsolete in turn for my novel...
That and homework...
And sleep...
But as you know, I draw inspiration from every aspect of, well, everything, so once again I decided to draw from my horse. She has an irrational fear of flowers that has landed me on the ground numerous times, but I have yet to recive injuries that set me back from my writing. Hopefully it will stay that way.